Please select 2 books from the list below for your summer reading project. Complete both projects (one project for one book, and one for the other).
- Wonder by R. J. Palacio
- Frindle by Andrew Clements
- The One and Only Ivan by K. A. Applegate
- El Deafo by Cece Bell
- Coraline by Neil Gaiman
- Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
- Write a letter to your new teacher (3 paragraphs). Introduce yourself and what you like to read. Tell me a brief summary of the book (not too long, I’ve read them all before). What did you like about this book? What did you dislike? What questions do you have for the author? Do you recommend this book to others? Why or why not?
- Use a Pizza Box for Your Report. Take an old pizza box. Draw pictures of how you imagined the story on the top inside of the box. Then draw a big pizza inside the bottom of the box. On this bottom, divide the pizza into 6 slices (at least 3 sentences each) –
4 Main Characters
5 Favorite Part
6 Lesson You Learned from the Story